Baked Apple Pancake
Stuck on an idea for breakfast or brunch? This recipe is easy to make and is a nice alternative to the “usual”.
3 Tbs butter
3 large apples, sliced (I personally prefer Gala or McIntosh)
1 cup milk
⅔ cup flour
½ tsp salt
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425º
2. Melt butter in a 8×8 pan.
3. Add apples and return to oven until butter is sizzling.
4. Meanwhile in a medium bowl beat eggs, then add milk, flour, and salt.
5. Once butter is sizzling, pour batter over apples.
6. Add brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples and batter
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until centre is cooked and apples are soft.
Quick Tip: Place a cookie tray on the shelf underneath the baking pan. During the baking phase the pancake will rise up and some of the butter may spill over so this tip will help avoid unnecessary messes! (The pancake will “fall” slightly after it’s cooked so you don’t want to put it in too large a pan to begin with or you’ll end up with pucks instead of pancakes!)
Dr. Crysta Serné
Vancouver Chiropractor and owner of Vitality Clinic
recipe adapted from Shareably.net