If you’ve had your fill of turkey and dressing for awhile here is a great recipe to transport you back to those hot days of summer.
4 halibut fillets of 6 oz (150 g)
1 small onion, chopped
5 teaspoons (25 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 can white kidney beans (19 oz/540 mL), rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons (45 mL) fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted fat-free vegetable broth
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Mix together 1 tablespoon/15 mL each of the olive oil and lemon juice and pour over halibut
2. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Turn over and let sit for 20 min.
3. In the meantime, heat remaining oil over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan; add garlic and onion and sauté for 8-10 min., until soft.
4. Add beans, remaining lemon juice, vegetable broth and 1/4 cup chopped parsley.
5. Simmer over low heat for 10 min., slightly mashing beans while occasionally stirring.
6. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Keep warm until ready to serve.
8. While beans are cooking, cook halibut in a preheated grill until cooked through, about 10 minutes per inch/2.5 cm of thickness.
To serve, place a mound of the bean mixture on a plate. Place halibut on top and serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
The Vitality Team