Creamy Cauliflower Patties
If you have a picky eater or just want to kick cauliflower up a notch, this delicious and nutritious recipe is a MUST!
1 head cauliflower
2 large eggs, beaten
¾ c cheese, grated
½ c panko bread crumbs
1 ½ tsp dried dill weed
1. Cut cauliflower into pieces and boil until tender, about 10-15 minutes depending on size of head
2. Mash cauliflower while still warm
3. Stir eggs, cheese, panko crumbs, dill, and salt to taste
4. Coat bottom of skillet with olive oil and heat until medium-high
5. Form into patties and place into pan
6. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side
I make these all the time for my son and he devours them. If you are serving as a side dish for an adult or you have an adventurous child, consider substituting the dill with ½ tsp of cayenne pepper. It adds some heat so it would make a wonderful side dish to a steak.
Dr. Crysta Serné
Vancouver Chiropractor and owner of Vitality Clinic