Broccoli Quinoa Bites
If you tried the pizza quinoa bites and found them a hit, here’s another alternative to get those picky eaters eating their protein and veggies!
¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1½ cups water (or vegetable broth or chicken broth)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups broccoli florets, finely diced
1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon paprika
Crushed red pepper (optional) and salt to taste
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine quinoa and water (or broth) and cook according to package directions. Let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese and paprika.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray (liberally so they don’t stick once done!)
4. Pack a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.
Serves: 30 to 36 bites. For some variety, try serving them with a ranch or blue dressing as a dip. They also freeze very well.
Dr. Crysta Serné
Vancouver Chiropractor and owner of Vitality Clinic
Recipe from Alidas Kitchen