Everyone knows I am a stickler for trying to get my patients to eat a well balanced, protein filled breakfast. You need to “break the fast” and ensure you fuel yourself for the day ahead. Here is a easy and nutritious recipe sure to accomplish this!
Pssst- breakfast can also make a great dinner!! 🙂
1 bag frozen hash brown potatoes (32 oz) or 4 cups of cooked potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 lb bacon
1 small onion, diced
1 cup (8oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 cup milk (almond milk makes a great substitute)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook and drain bacon and then cut in to small pieces, (I cook an entire package at once and then place it in a tupperware to use on salads or in dishes such as this.)
2. Add half bag of hash browns to bottom of slow cooker.
3. Add half your bacon, onions, green and red peppers, and cheese.
4. Add remaining hash browns, bacon, onions, peppers, and cheese.
5. In a medium sized bowl beat eggs and milk together.
6. Pour egg mixture over your casserole.
7. Add salt and pepper on top.
8. Cook on Low for 4 hours or warm for 8 hours.
Feel free to add zucchini, mushrooms, or cooked ham to this dish as well.
Dr. Crysta Serné
Vancouver Chiropractor and owner of Vitality Clinic
*recipe courtesy of cincyshopper.com