Most individuals see doctors only when they’re sick. As a “back doctor”, I am more interested in ensuring that you stay healthy and injury free, rather than seeing you when you are already down and out. By taking a preventative and proactive approach to your health, instead of a reactive one, you will continue to strive towards the goals you set in your healthy lifestyle to become stronger, leaner, and fitter. So you might be asking yourself how to accomplish this task. By seeing a chiropractor and having yourself assessed BEFORE you’re hurt is the easiest way. We are able to identify potentially problematic areas and treat them so it doesn’t become a concern later in life.
Prevention is the name of the game! Just because you don’t have PAIN, it doesn’t mean the FUNCTION of the joint, muscle, or ligament is optimal. Your back may just be a time bomb waiting to go off.
By seeing a chiropractor at Vitality Clinic, you will avoid the following:
1. Loss of normal position, which leads to restricted movement.
2. Abnormal positioning which may lead to shortened muscle tissue with decreased strength and flexibility, leg length inequalities, as well as to scar tissue development.
3. Continued pressure on nerves; due to the altered alignment this may cause numbness and tingling in the area in which the nerve travels.
4. Swelling and inflammation may develop in the disc, joints, or surrounding tissues.
5. Degenerative joint disease may occur in the affected area leading to bone spurs.
Don’t limit yourself to thinking that chiropractors are just “bone- crunchers”. I pride myself on being trained to care for ALL aspects of the patient’s health, in an attempt to identify what may potentially be the root of the problem. This may include muscle work, orthotics, nutritional supplements, and core stabilizing exercises (prairie dog, planking, and single leg bridge to name a few.)
Have a great day!
Dr. Crysta Serné
Vancouver Chiropractor and owner of Vitality Clinic