What Does Kinesio Taping Do?
Kinesio Taping gives support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulation and range of motion. It is also used for Preventive Maintenance, Edema, and Pain Management.
Kinesiotaping exhibits its efficacy through the activation of neurological and circulatory systems. The Kinesio Taping Method is applied over muscles to reduce pain and inflammation, relax overused tired muscles, and to support muscles in movement on a 24hr/day basis. It is non-restrictive type of taping which allows for full range of motion.
Kinesio Tape can be used to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back strain/pain, knee conditions, hamstring, groin injury, rotator cuff injury, whiplash, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, patella tracking, pre and post surgical edema, ankle sprains, athletic preventative injury method, and as a support method.
- Kinesiotape structurally lifts the skin and allows the flow of body fluids under the application area, reducing edema, inflammation, and discomfort.
- Kinesiotaping simulates human skin in thickness and weight. It has an elastic component that allows a stretch 30-40% beyond its normal length. Unlike other tapes that restrict movement, Kinesiotape allows for full range of movement while providing support to the muscle.
- Kinesiotape is heat activated and durable which allows for a 3-4 day wearing periods This avoids the hassle of applying and removing traditional sports tapes every few hours. It also gives lasting support and pain relief
- Kinesiotape has a 100% high grade cotton, wavy design that enhances comfort and channels out air, sweat, and water
- Kinesiotape is hypoallergenic and latex-free minimizing skin irritation.
If you would like to learn more about Kiensiotaping or would like to book an appointment with Dr. Clemenhagen, please conact email@example.com or call 604.687.7678.